Monday 9 July 2012

June 2012

Boy, its been a while since I've been on here.

I'm now back in Derby, well i say back, all my stuff is here but I'm flitting about here there and everywhere. I thought I'd attempt to sum up June the best i can. This also helps my life get a bit more straight in my own head. I saw my last post was about the jubilee garden party which was on the 4th June so I'll go from there.

6th June - 13th June - Gran Canaria
As a family we went to Gran Canaria for the last proper family holiday. As me and my sister are getting older we have not been going on holiday with our parents as much and with my sister going travelling soon we thought it a good idea to have a big family holiday. It was lovely to spend time with them all, especially in such a beautiful place. My highlight of the holiday was definitely renting a car on my mums birthday and travelling around the island, seeing other cities and tourist spots.


18th June - 21st June
I went to visit my boyfriend in this time. I met him at uni but he lives right down south. It was a lovely visit especially as i had to do nothing, was a nice rest before being so busy.


24th June - Water world
Me, my friend DC and my sister Zoe went to water world for the day, simply because i love water parks. Me and my sister were intending on going when in Gran Canaria but we didn't have enough money for it so we found this to be the substitute. Was a relatively cheap day out as well because i joined a website called voucher cloud and they text you offers so we managed to get a 2 for 1 deal. Not too bad if i say so myself.


25th June - Alton Towers
My friend BL invited me to Alton towers with two of her friends, SF and WM. I was a little worried about going because i didn't know the other two very well, but it turned out to be a surprisingly good day. I manned up and went on most of the big rides including oblivion, air and nemesis. I was very proud of myself for this seeing as i am usually a massive wuss when it comes to rides like them. I had a well earned rest after that day.


26th June - 29th June - JS visiting
My friend from uni had told me that she wanted to come and visit Derby and the only time i had was this period of time. Thankfully she didn't mind that we didn't do too much because i was shattered after the last couple of days. I did show her the not many sights of Derby and she did seem to enjoy herself. I'm also glad that she got to meet some of my friends, as she is one of my best friends i like them to all come together and like one another. Whilst she was here we also went out for dinner with my sister at a little vegan restaurant that only holds about 12 people, but the food is yummy and well priced (a good thing seeing as all of us were students). 


29th June - Olympic Torch
The Olympic torch passed through Derby on this day and i went to see it with my cousin FS-P and my friends PR and DC. Some people don't get the hype about it, and i have to say it wasn't the best thing i had ever seen but i do have to say it is a once in a lifetime event, i mean when will the Olympic torch go through my home town again. And for that reason i didn't want to miss it. I later went to the after events which included a parade and salsa dancing. It had a very Brazilian feel to it.

30th June - Laser Tag
It was my friend CH's birthday and because she doesn't drink she wanted to do something slightly different for her birthday. So she decided on a ninja theme. The plan was to go to laser tag and have 3 games and then go out with a list of things we had to get photos of and the whole thing would be a big competition. I only went to the laser tag part of the night because i was flying out to Spain in the early hours of the next day. Saying this though i had a lovely time and i also came 4th! Good for saying it was the first time i had ever gone to laser tag.

So, that's the majority of my June covered. As i say, i get very busy in the summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment